DATTA Vic is working with DATTA Australia and a range of partners from the Tertiary and TAFE sectors and industry to address the current shortage of trained Technologies teachers.
- carried out a national survey amongst member schools to identify the scale of the crisis
- produced a report detailing the impact of the crisis upon our teachers and students crisis
- achieved press coverage of the crisis in a number of publications, including The Age and Education HQ
- worked with University and TAFE partners to develop increased options for initial teacher training and market them to appropriate graduates and industry professionals
- piloted a succesful Teaching Design Masterclass to support teachers from other learning areas to safely deliver the D&T curriculum, which will be repeated in the summper of 2020 (click HERE for details)
- offered free memberships to all students undertaking study in Design & Technologies education
- delivered Design & Technologies Week to raise the profile of Design & Techhnologies amongst the wider education community
For information on becoming a D&T Teacher, click HERE.
For further information on this, or any other DATTA Vic initiative, contact Laura at email@example.com / 03 9349 5809