- Pat McMahon suggested teachers explore the Socrative platform to teach online. It's an effective way to deliver online content, whilst monitoring and evaluating student learning at the same time. Pat has shared many of his own Technologies lesson plans on the site. You can find a guide to logging on students HERE and a list of links to his D&T projects HERE
- Steve Penna from LAPtek has generously shared some great resources for VCE Systems Engineering - one on Unit 2 Electrotechnology Systems and one on Unit 4 Systems and Control New and Emerging Technologies
- The Deakin STEM Awards may have been postponed for now, but there are still are great range of challenges your students could take part in from home
- Got students interested in cars? The Top Gear Department of Education has developed a range of automotive design challenges for students working at home!
- Monash University has published a fantastic site on STEM Education, which includes a series of talks with STEM experts and a professional learning toolkit
- Here are a range of resources on Wolfram SystemModeler, which include lesson plans, training notes and workbooks. You can also watch a series of 10 instructional videos for a step-by-step guide to using SystemModeler to teach VCE Systems Engineering
- The UK's Smallpiece Trust is releasing a new Engineering@Home Challenge every Wednesday - a great site for getting students to do hands-on activities from home
A note from Veena Nair on software and resources for Systems Teachers
- Aaron Powter's DCTSolutionsAU is a YouTube Chanel with a wealth of online tutorials on machining, fabrication, welding, CAD-CAM, CNC, RC helicopters, robotics, vintage tractors and machinery
- HUGE thanks to Steve Penna from LAPtek for making this unit of work on VCE Systems Engineering Unit 1 Mechanical Engineering available to free to all teachers
TOP DESIGNS 2020 is now live! Your students can take a virtual tour through the exhibition, view products and folios and watch interviews with exhibitors. Congratulations to all the amazing students (and their amazing teachers!) whose work was selected.
- Pat McMahon suggested teachers explore the Socrative platform to teach online. It's an effective way to deliver online content, whilst monitoring and evaluating student learning at the same time. Pat has shared many of his own Technologies lesson plans on the site
- Phil Coombs and Ian Watson sent us this Engineering - Design & Technology website, which includes lesson plans and printable activities
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training's Strategic Partnerships Program for their support for DATTA Vic's Teaching Applied STEM in Design & Technologies initiative
Disclaimer: These resources the work of practising teachers or education providers, who have shared them in good faith and for general information only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of DATTA Vic, nor do DATTA Vic endorse the accuracy or suitability of the information for any particular purpose. Note that this material has not been verified by VCAA. Responsibility in response to the material must be accepted by users. For VCE, teachers must refer to the mandatory documents in relation to the VCE Product Design and Technology/Systems Engineering study designs from VCAA, which are available online and updated every year. For safety information, teachers must consult the relevant OHS Hazard Management section of the department's website.