Members of DATTA Vic include primary and secondary teachers, principals, consultants, tertiary educators as well as business and industry groups.
We welcome anyone with an interest in design and technologies, engineering, electronics, emerging technologies, textiles and STEaM education.
Benefits of Membership
- free resources
- links with National Associations through its representation on the Design And Technology Teachers’Association Australia (DATTA Australia)
- regular contact with Design and Technology subject associations in other states and territories
- access to resource information and personnel with expertise in Design and Technology
- discounts on Professional Learning activities, conferences and resources
- contact with many other involved teachers and the chance to network
- the opportunity to contribute to "TECHNOTES" our journal, in order to share information, ideas, concerns and knowledge and to be kept up to date
- on line and physical access to resources
DATTA Vic Mission
Design and Technologies is an area of the curriculum that applies the Design Process, and uses tools and materials (with new technological knowledge) to create products, services and environments.
DATTA Vic represents Design and Technologies Teachers (including Systems, Electronics, Auto & Primary teachers) in education throughout Victoria.
DATTA Vic is a non-profit organisation that was formed in October 1987. Since our humble beginnings as a group of like-minded teachers of Technology we have grown to a membership of over 450.
The DATTA Vic committee consists of volunteer members and two part-time paid office staff.
We hold annual conferences and facilitate various Professional Learning workshops throughout the year.
DATTA Vic Annual Reports for DATTA Vic members