Introduction to VEX Robotics - Geelong (PL1939)
THIS WORKSHOP IS FREE FOR DATTA VIC MEMBERS.
This is a partnership between DATTA Vic, Geelong Tech School and In2Robotics*
At this session we will be exploring the building and programming of VEX robots. This workshop is suitable for year 5-12 teachers looking to start a new robotics program. At the end of this workshop participants will have a new level of confidence in the robotics classroom.
Topics will include:
- Common VEX Components
- VEX Drive systems and fundamentals
- VEX Lifting and Intake systems
- Electrical components of the VEX EDR and IQ Systems
- Programming driver and Autonomous with the Robot-C Graphical Platform
- Programming driver and Autonomous with Robot - C text based.
Participants will need to bring a pc laptop with Robot-C installed (link provided on booking). If possible, a VEX robot would be beneficial.
Friday 17 May
10am - 3.30pm
Geelong Tech School
Level 2 & 3, Latrobe Terrace, Geelong VIC 3220
Non-members: $199 (includes DATTA Vic membership)
Students: $99 (includes DATTA Vic membership)
Lunch will be provided.
* This workshop is part of the Robotics Grant Program administered by DATTA Vic, Geelong Tech School and in2robotics for schools in the Geelong area. However, any DATTA Vic member can attend this session as a one-off PL event.
Thanks to The Department of Education & Training for their support for DATTA Vic
DATTA Vic Cancellations & Refunds
DATTA Vic will refund the full fee less an administration cost if you cancel 4 or more working days before a workshop, seminar or conference, and 50% if you cancel 1-3 days before the event.