What is the current situation with the Technologies Curriculum?
The curriculum was implemented in 2017.
Where can I find the Australian Technologies Curriculum?
The Australian Technologies Curriculum (F-10) has been published on the ACARA Australian Curriculum website: http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/technologies/rationale
- Follow the link to the Design and Technologies curriculum.
- A good introduction video of the Design and Technologies subject can be seen at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvhU_CVJHo
- The Scope and Sequence plan for Design and Technologies can be downloaded from here: http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/technologies/rationale
What’s happening in Victoria ?
Victorian schools implemented the Victorian Technologies curriculum at the start of 2017.
Click HERE for the VCAA guidelines on the Technologies curriculum.
- Government and Catholic schools are required to follow the Victorian version of the Australian Curriculum
- Independent schools can choose to follow the Victorian Technologies curriculum or refer directly to the ACARA Australian Technologies Curriculum
- All schools are required to implement the Australian or Victorian Curricula
- According to the VCAA Curriculum Planning Guidelines, the Technologies curriculum is:
- ‘Drawn on’ in the curriculum from Foundation to Year 2
- Fully reported on from Years 3 - 10
Will there be a Senior Years (Years 11-12) Australian Curriculum developed for the Technologies area?
At this stage there are no plans for a national Year 11/12 subject in the Technologies area that might replace or duplicate any of the Technology VCE study designs. It is unlikely that anything will be developed.