Advanced Wolfram SystemModeler workshop for Systems Engineering teachers - Melbourne (PL1961)
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority is working with DATTA Vic to deliver FREE professional learning for Systems Engineering teachers on the Wolfram SystemModeler program. Following previous workshops run earlier in the year, this session is designed to offer educators more advanced skills in the use of the software, and cover more explicitly how it can be used with teaching the study design .
Schools will be paid CRT release to enable teachers to attend this professional learning. Numbers are strictly limited.
Presenters Colin Chapman and Christopher Simpson will take participants through the following topics:
- integrating Arduino and SystemModeler and Raspberry Pi
- developing interactive, multimedia digital records of achievement [portfolios] using Mathematica
- modelling mechanical systems using SystemModeler and Mathematica
- modelling electronic feedback systems using SystemModeler and Mathematica
- indicator by indicator breakdown for the School Assessed Task [SAT] and opportunities for SystemModeler and Mathematica
- using SystemModeler and Mathematica for rich School Assessed Coursework [SAC] activities and demonstrations of achievement
Monday 28 October 2019
9.30am - 3pm
Braybrook, Melbourne - Location confirmed on registration
FREE and CRT will be paid to schools. REGISTRATIONS ESSENTIAL
Lunch will be provided