VEX Robotics Intensive - Wangaratta (PL17052)
PART OF DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY WEEK 2017
At this 6 hour session we will be digging into building and programming VEX robots. This workshop is suitable for both experienced VEX coaches and year 5-12 teachers looking to start a new robotics program. At the end of this workshop participants will have a new level of confidence in the robotics classroom.
Topics will include:
- What is VEX Robotics?
- VEX Robotics - Your first year
- Historical VEX Games
- Tournament Structure
- Benefits of competitive robotics
- REC - Curriculum
- Robo Mater Curriculum
- Robot Virtual Worlds
- Common VEX Components
- VEX Drive systems and fundamentals
- VEX Lifting and Intake systems
- Electrical components of the VEX EDR and IQ Systems
- Programming driver and Autonomous with the Robot-C Graphical Platform
- Programming driver and Autonomous with Robot - C text based.
Participants will need to bring a pc laptop with Robot-C installed (link provided on booking). If possible, a VEX robot would be beneficial.
Travis Burroughs, Maree Timms and Michael Rogers
Saturday 14th October
9am - 3pm
Wangaratta CSU, 218 Tone Road, Wangaratta 3677
Non-members: $100 (Includes DATTA Vic membership)
Refreshments will be provided.
DATTA Vic Cancellations & Refunds
DATTA Vic will refund the full fee less an administration cost if you cancel 4 or more working days before a workshop, seminar or conference, and 50% if you cancel 1-3 days before the event.