Child's Play - Inquiry-Based Learning - a Teacher PD from Discovery Bendigo
TO REGISTER, EMAIL: email@example.com
PART OF DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY WEEK 2017
The Discovery Science and Technology Centre Bendigo is hosting a Teacher PD on Inquiry-Based Learning. The PD will be held on the Wednesday the 18th of October, 2017.
Suitable for upper primary & lower secondary teachers.
Why Inquiry-Based learning?
- Agency; students are self-motivated to follow through on projects that excite and inspire them
- Explore, extrapolate and learn; when given a challenge students extend and expand their knowledge by taking what they already know and experimenting
- Student voice; students are guided to make their thinking visible and audible. To ask questions, to speak out, to share what they know, to admit what they don’t know and to explain and teach others
- Collaboration; students work together and learn from one another
- Resilience/Grit: students practice rapid prototyping and realise that each failure is a step closer to finding the answer
- All hands-on and practical
This event will help participants explore:
- The use of effective questions in Inquiry-based learning
- Directing students without influencing outcomes
- Organisational management (time, groups, resources)
- Shaping the workshop to your students
- Framing and expanding
- Connecting what students discover back to the curriculum
Wednesday 18th October
4.30pm - 7pm
Discovery Science & Technology Centre, Bendigo
Beer, wine and pizza will be served!